Tuesday, 30 July 2013

Something A Bit Different!

I've been trying to think of something a bit different to make as a change from bears. Don't get me wrong here, I love making the bears, but just fancied a change!  I wanted to make something that I hadn't seen on anyone else's stall at recent fairs and  I came up with a lion!!

Meet Lionel - well it had to be didn't it??  He is a teddy bear style lion and is 4.75" (12cm) tall to the tips of his ears. Lionels body,arms, legs and face are made from soft yellow hand dyed silk plush with toning yellow foot pads and his mane is in a gingery brown, longer pile, shaggy mohair.

Lionel has black glass eyes and a hand embroidered nose and mouth. He has a long thin tail with a tuft of the gingery brown mohair on the end and whisker dots on his nose!!


                    I am very pleased with the way he looks - let me know what you think!!

No comments:

Post a Comment