Wednesday, 23 April 2014

Next Stop - Sheffield

I've just realised that I haven't posted anything for nearly a month!! Doesn't time fly? No excuses really, just haven't managed to get around to doing it what with the lovely sunny gardening days we've had here in Kent recently. Then there was Davis Cup tennis on TV and then Easter with an Easter egg hunt in the back garden to arrange for the grandchildren - I just don't know where the time goes!!!

Anyway our next event is The Great Yorkshire Teddy Bear Event and despite all the distractions I've managed to make 3 new bears for my table at this fabulous show!







 This is Davis - so called because I was watching Davis Cup tennis at the time I was making him and UK lost to Italy, hence the sad faced bear!!

Davis is 10" (25cm) tall and is made from gingery brown curly mohair with toning suedette paw pads.
He has a black embroidered nose and black glass eyes with shading and felt eye whites.


Managed to get one more photo to load!
This is a close up of Davis's face showing his eye detail.


I have more photos to post but at the moment I'm having trouble making them load so I'll leave it a while and sneak up on it later and try again!     HA! that sort of worked, managed to do a couple more!


These next 2 bears are a first for me - they have open mouths!! I hope you like them.....



This is Trevor. He is made from the same thick, curly mohair as Davis but in a lighter brown colour with faux cashmere paw pads. Trevor has a dark brown embroidered nose and dark amber glass eyes with shading and felt eye whites. Trevor is 10" (25cm) tall.



A closer view of Trevor showing his eye detail and open mouth.

 Trevor has now gone to live in his new home.


I thought I'd make a little friend for Trevor, so meet Duncan.....



 Duncan is 8" 920cm) tall and is made from the same mohair as Trevor with faux cashmere paw pads. He has a dark brown embroidered nose and dark amber glass eyes.


This close up of Duncan makes it look like he has a moustache and no ears!!


That's slightly better - at least you can see he does have ears!!





Trevor and Duncan with their best smiles!

See all these bears and more at the Great Yorkshire Teddy Bear Event on Sunday 18th May at the Sheffield Hilton Hotel.  Come along and have a great day!!
For full address details of this show visit my Fair Dates page or click the link further up this page on the right.


No comments:

Post a Comment